Membership & Lesson Subscriptions
To start with, you may try Karate to see if you like it? Introductory lessons are £5.00p each (up to Four Consecutive Lessons) or £15 per family of three or more*. After that, if you wish to continue training, you will need to become a member of the Southern Shotokan Karate Association (SSKA). Find out more by looking at what's involved.
If you have any questions, please contact me for more details.
Lifetime Membership to the SSKA is £50. This is a one off & life time registration payment that includes a Karate suit & white belt & Membership/Grading Record Book & a FREE set of SSKA & Club embroidered Badges. You'll also receive an orange belt at your first exam. There are Membership & training discounts available for families* of three or more.
Please check to see if there are any Special Membership Offers!! that may be available from time to time.
After joining, the lessons are payable Monthly in advance on the First Lesson of every month. Credit or refund for missed lessons due to holidays & sickness etc. is not available.
Subscriptions are calculated on a 48 week calendar year.
Attendance Frequency - Caversham Club Only per Month Once a week Twice a week Three times a week Individual £20 £40 £50 Family * £50 £80 £85
If you would like to supplement you're training with an additional lesson the PAYG is £5 for individuals & £15 for a family *
* Family Rate refers to close family members i.e. Mother, Father, son & daughter up to a maximum of four members.
4. You will need to renew your licence/insurance once a year. This is your annual personal insurance. Currently £30
5. You have an opportunity to Grade every 3 months if your training has been regular and your karate has progressed.
This is taken by the Chief Examiner, Sensei Stuart Cole 7th Dan. Current Grading fees start from £42 for juniors.
6. Separate & Special Courses, Gradings & Competitions are available throughout the year for advanced students who work hard and show keen aptitude.
7. This club does not accept "Pay-as-You-Go" membership.
Please click here if you wish to complete a membership application form
Guests from other associations & karate clubs are welcome to train. You must provide & show your association membership/grading book with valid licence/insurance. Please download & complete a guest member registration form before you train.
* Please note: Some lessons are held twice a week at the same venue, you may elect to train on either training day, or both - if you choose to train once a week, you need to nominate which day you would like to train on. If you would then like to train on "the other" day in that week, you will need to pay extra for that day. i.e.: Cross training on different days with your registered instructor is allowed, however training days are not interchangeable if you only train once a week.
* * More Small Print.
There are NO Annual Dojo or other affiliation fees.
If you have any questions or queries at all, please do not hesitate to call or contact me (see below).
Club Instructor - Terry Tozer 3rd Dan. Senior Instructor & Grading Assistant for the SSKA.
mob/text 07790 032354 email: email@example.com
Individuals, Instructors & Clubs Insurance is covered by Perkins Slade ltd
| Home | Frames? | NEW PAGES! | What is Karate? | FAQ's | Times & Venues | Books | Videos | Shop | Newsletter | Health | Members Area | | Syllabus | Which Club? | Sitemap | Data Protection | Child Protection | Disclaimer | Site SEARCH | Contact | DAN Gradings | KYU Gradings |
Prices correct at time of publication.
Updated: Thursday, 05 March 2020