SOUTHERN SHOTOKAN KARATE ASSOCIATION INSTRUCTORS APPLICATION DETAILS FORM
As an S.S.K.A Club Instructor, you will be responsible for instructing individuals of all ages in Shotokan Karate in the same way as the Chief Instructor teaches. Your training programme will commence as soon as possible under the guidance of the Chief Instructor, Stuart Cole. When you have reached a satisfactory level, you will be asked, without obligation, to run a Dojo in a location chosen by the Executive Committee and also to choose a Club package to suit your requirements. Your role as an Instructor is very important to the promotion and expansion of the Southern Shotokan Karate Association. We expect you to be dedicated to this role and teach others in the true spirit of Karate. For those of you who intend to run a Dojo to provide a level of income, the opportunities are there for you . Finally, in recognition of your dedication and efforts in teaching Karate to others, you will be presented with a Certificate when you have reached an acceptable level of instruction as laid down by the Chief Instructor. You must be at least 18 years old to become an instructor.
We want to ensure that you arc making the right choice not only for yourself, but also your family. Please read the questionnaire very carefully:
1. Please give your reasons for wanting to become a Club Instructor?
2. Have you had previous experience working with groups of individuals, young and old. If not what qualities do you think you have which may help you as a Club Instructor?
3. As a Club Instructor, we will expect you to run a S S K A Club. We will help and support you with our own experience, as best we can, but, at the end of the day you will be responsible for the running of the Club. What ideas do you have on running a Club and promoting the Club to the Public?
4. Which days/evenings of the week are you available to run a Club and what hours would be most suitable?
5. Do you have any First Aid experience or hold any other Medical Qualification?
6. The Southern Shotokan Karate Association operates over a large geographical area. What sort of radius from your hometown would you be willing to travel to run your Club?
7. Do you have your own means of transport or have access to transport on a regular basis?
It is very important that you understand that you will be running a Club for the Southern Shotokan Karate Association. Please refer to the following Agreement:
- If you wish to be relinquished from the terms of this Agreement, you must do so in writing to the Chief Instructor giving one month notice.
- You must abide by the conditions laid down by the controlling body of the S S K A. and by any changes that may be communicated to you in writing.
- All members of the S S K A remain affiliated to the S S K A and may not be affiliated to any other Association.
- Any Club taught by an S S K A Instructor remains solely affiliated to the S S K A. and may not be affiliated to any other Association.
- I will abide by the Rules as laid down by the Southern Shotokan Karate Association.
- I give formal undertaking to be bound by the above Agreement.
Name in full______________________________
RETURN THE FORMS TO SENSEI STUART COLE. AT;-
Southern Shotokan Karate Association
OR AT ONE OF HIS CLUBS TEL07999 967388
FOLLOWED BY AN INTERVIEW
Page Last Updated on: Tuesday 29 November 2016