Quotes from Club Members
- I joined for my son, after training for a number of years when I was a teenager.
- It is very good for fitness but I really enjoy the history of Martial Arts and the application.
- It is great for stress, being able to shut your mind off for a couple of hours. The main thing is the personal focus on achieving Shodan, personal focus and dedication.
- I joined to maintain fitness and focus.
- It had always been something I wanted to do, and after years of evening classes had finally finished. I took my opportunity, and have enjoyed every moment.
- I enjoy the discipline, respect and history of the art.
- It has enabled me to feel more confident about defending myself, if that unfortunate situation arose, and has taught me to never underestimate people's capabilities irrelevant of size, age & gender.
- It has enabled me to get through some stressful times and helped me mentally to focus and never give up. The other members never cease to amaze me. Everyone, without exception have helped others with learning techniques and Katas. It is a very positive atmosphere and lovely to be part of.
- I will be taking my first ever grade [today], even though I have trained since 1983! To me this is a big day.
More important I wanted to thank you for the confidence you shown in me to allow to go for grading at this time.
I should also mention, that your website is much responsible for a lot of new members because you answer most of the question of anyone trying to choose a club to train with, and when one has to chosen, the training is so rewarding that I find hard to miss even a single lesson. Look how every one is eager to learn or give a helping hand to any junior member. I think the family spirit of the club is great and you are bound to have even larger community of the club.
I should commend the practice we had today [.............] when we were divided in two groups.
Please keep up the good work, and then bear in mind the backlash is that we will be recommending more new members!!
- “I have studied Karate under Terry for 5 years and recently with his help passed my Shodan. Terry is technically one of the best Sensei's I have trained with and gives excellent advice and guidance both in technical detail and application. He is very focused on his students and gives up a lot of his own time to help when needed. The club is run in a friendly atmosphere and it’s a pleasure to train there. If you want to learn real traditional Japanese Shotokan I could not recommend anyone better.”
Updated: Tuesday, 07 September 2010